Sims Portal manual
Logging into the Sims Portal
Link to portal: https://portal.simsrecycling.com.
Enter your username and password and click “Log In”.
In case you forget your password, click the “Forgot your password?” link, then enter your username and click the Save button.
You will receive an email shortly that contains a link to the page with the option to reset your password.
The password must be:
- at least 8 characters,
- contain 1 capital letter,
- at least 1 number
- at least 1 special character,
- can’t be the same as user login
- can’t contain invalid characters like: < > / \
Once logged into the Sims Portal, you will see a list of orders from the contract you selected:
You can click on the Contract in the upper right corner of the screen to see a short summary about the total orders in the contract, how many new orders have been created and how many orders are in progress.
For multiple contracts, click on the “Select” button to view orders associated to each contract.
On the left side of the screen is a navigation bar. From this you can select which page you want to view.
Note: The list on the navigation bar is dependent on the program requirements and user permissions.
When Sims created a new Sims Portal account then you receive an email with your login name and the activation link:
After that please fill out your login name and click on Save button:
On your mail box you will receive an email with a link to set up your password:
Please click on it and set up your own password:
Note: The password must be at least 8 characters, contain 1 capital letter, at least 1 number and at least 1 special character
On the Orders page, you will find a list of all orders for a selected contract:
Search and open orders
There is a new search feature in the Sims Portal that allows you to search and filter your orders.
This is how the new functionality works.
1.When you first login into the portal, the system will display orders that were collected in the past year as well as all orders that will be collected in the future dates.
2. To change the search criteria, click on the “Search criteria” button.
3. You can use a keyword to search orders in the record. A keyword can be any word that is available on the dashboard columns. Enter the keyword and click the search button.
4. To change the collection date enter the new “Start” and “End” dates, then click on the search button.
a) You can remove the collection date criteria by clicking on the delete button on the right of the date and then click on the search button.
b) Once you remove the collection date, you will be able to see all orders in the contract.
5. To remove the search window click on the close button.
Click on the order to open and see all the order details:
Add a new order
To add a new order (or create a service request) click the “Add” button:
On the new order form, fill in all required fields:
Required fields are displayed with red asterisk.
Fill the following information:
- Company: This is the company where material will be
- Note: For global companies, there will be Collection Company for each country.
- Address: This is collection address
- Contact: This is collection contact.
Note: Company, address and contact information will be pre-populated in the database. If any of this information is missing, please contact customer services. You can also add this information on the portal if you have proper permissions.
- Project Program: Select the project program in your contract is divided into programs.
- This section is only available for projects that are dived into programs.
- Remarks: This is any special instructions that are related to the order you are creating.
- Agreed/ Requested collection date: This is the proposed date for material to be collected.
- The actual collection date might change after logistics arrangements.
- Transport Type: This is the organization that will collect material. (Sims or Client)
- Reference Number(s). This is client reference number.
Go to Lot Details tab and specify if material is packed or unpacked by choosing the correct details from the dropdown list, quantity, weight (if required) and click the “+” button.
To finish adding a new order you need to click on Save button. After that buttons to upload documents will be activated.
If you have a list of serial numbers, you can upload them to the Sims Portal by selecting “Upload Serial Numbers” button:
Note: The file with serial numbers should have only one column:
You can also upload any attachments by selecting the “Upload Documents” button:
A new window will appear where you can choose to either “drag & drop” your files or “choose files to attach”:
For every uploaded file, you can put a “Client Description” note to help describe attachments (e.g. Order25612_Server List)
Note: Permitted extensions are: xls, xlsm, pdf, xlsx, jpg, doc, docx, msg, jpeg.
The file size limit is max. 10MB.
The Uploaded Documents screen will list the added file/s:
To finish the upload please ensure you click the “Save” button
To delete an order, click on the delete button:
Only orders with the status “NEW” can be deleted.
The Contacts section will list all of the contacts associated with the selected contract:
When you select a contact, the following details will be displayed:
Add a new contact
Click the “+ Add” button to add a new contact. On the new contact form fill in all the fields and click the “Save” button.
Delete a contact
Depending on your current permissions, you can delete a contact using the trash button.
The Companies section will list all of the companies/collection addresses within the selected contract:
Add a new company/collection address
Click the “+ Add” button to add a new company. For each company record, you can add a list of collection addresses, which can then be selected when creating a new order. Click on the company for which you want to add a collection address.
Note: If you have added a new collection address and it is not available to select on an Order form, please send a request to the help desk at Sims. It is likely this error has occurred because you haven’t got the correct permissions for the collection’s region/country address.
Delete a companies/collection address
Depending on your current permissions; you can delete a company clicking the trash button.
An SLA is an agreement that defines the level of service that a client expects from Sims.
The Dashboard section will allow you to check an SLA’s status. Click the SLA menu and Dashboard:
You will see the SLA page with different search criteria fields to select from:
You can select SLA details by date range:
By order number:
By SLA category:
By Order status:
And by Country (is it’s a global contract):
After clicking on the “Show” button you will see the SLA charts, shown by SLA status:
In the example above, you will see two numbers within the “Overdue” orange section. The first one (5) is showing you how many days were declared by SIMS for the step – Check-in – highlighted by the dark grey bottom line. The second number (18) is showing you how many days this step took. Highlighted by the lighter grey top line:
Information from the charts can be exported to excel sheet:
On Overview you have more complex information about SLA:
KPI – Key Performance Indicators
KPI’s measure how many SLAs were completed on time as a combined % of total SLAs that have originally been chosen to “contribute to Service Project’s KPI.”
KPI = “x% of SLAs completed on time”
To check a KPI’s status, select the SLA menu and select KPI:
You will see the KPI page with different search criteria fields to select from:
You can select KPI details by date range:
By configured KPI type:
Or by Country (if it’s a global contract):
% of successful SLAs; success being:
Completion before due date (for time-based SLAs)
Occurrence (for occurrence-based SLAs)
After clicking on the “Show” button you will see the KPI charts, shown by KPI status:
The white section of the KPI graph shows the minimum level KPI for SLA. The grey section shows you the achievement threshold. For this example, minimum threshold is 50% and achievement threshold is 90%:
We added a new Reports section with follows reports:
- Client Summary Report
- Audit Report
- Resale Report
- Serial Report
Also customized reports will be available in this section.
Other reports/documents will be in:
- Contract Documents
- Uploaded Documents
More details you will find on this manual page
Reports and Contract documents
If any reports are available for an order you can find them by clicking on the reports button, located on the right-hand side of the order’s list.
Note: The list of reports is dependent on the specifications in the Statement of Work (SOW).
In the Reports section you will find many important reports, required by contract.
There are 4 default reports:
- Client Summary Report
- Audit Report
- Resale Report
- Serial Report
Note: The list of reports is dependent on the program requirements.
How to generate reports
You can generate reports using the search criteria options available. Click the report you want to generate.
Enter your search criteria and click on the search button. If your contract is a global program, you may run your report for one or multiple regions. When specifying regional parameters for your report, you may limit the information in your report by countries in the region. Click on the arrow next to the region name to see the list of countries.
Once you have selected “Search” you will see the report results:
You can export the report results to Excel, by clicking the Excel button. Click on the “+” button to expand the other report column information available. This is also available on mobile devices:
Users can change the report column settings by going into their user account settings:
Customize standard reports
Users with the proper account privileges can create custom reports based on a standard report.
- Open the report you want to use as the basis for your custom report.
- Click on the customize button. A new page will appear that includes all of the fields in the report and the settings related to each.
- Enter the name for your custom report.
- You can change the field names by entering the custom field name next to the current field name.
- You can change the order of the fields in the report output. To change the order of fields, change the number in Order Display Number field. Ensure that the numbers used for each field are sequential and do not overlap.
- You can remove fields from your report by checking the ‘Hidden’ check box.
- To save the report, click the Save button.
- If you do not want to save your custom report, you can cancel the customization by clicking on the Cancel button
The customised report will become available to select, once it has been saved.
It will then be located within Reports – Custom Reports – xxNew report namexx
The Contract Documents section shows reports from our backend systems.
Note: You will need to have permissions to the regions in order to open the report.
The Uploaded Reports section will give you the option to create catalogues and upload your own reports to the Sims Portal:
To change name of the catalogue/file click the edit option, make the change and click save.
Within the Sims Portal we have implemented a simple way for communication between Sims clients and our project managers. It is called ‘Requests’.
To send a new request click ‘Requests’ within the menu and the ‘Add’ button:
Fill all of the required fields and the click the Save button:
An automated email notification confirming your request will be sent to you and the Sims project manager:
To check the status of your request select your request and the details will be shown within the reply section:
We would appreciate any comments and feedback on topics related to the contract, as we endeavour to give our customers our best service possible. To help us with this, when you see the “Feedback” option please click on the yellow exclamation mark to start.
Click the Start button to begin:
Answer each question and click the Next button:
You may be prompted to add additional comments, which we would be very grateful for:
To complete the survey click the Finish button.
- Search box to allow users to search for activities
- Site field show activities from selected site
- A table showing a list of onsite activities
- The system display all activities that have been collected in the past year and any activities waiting to be collected.
- The table contain the following columns:
- Activity No – this link allow the user to open the link and see/edit details for that particular activity.
- Site Details – this is the location Site name, City, State/Country.
- Number of pallets – this is the total number of pallets in the activity
- Order Number – this is the Order number assigned to the activity.
- Status – this is the status of the activity
- Current Location
- Activity in complete and ongoing status will be displayed as “At client Site”.
- Activity in collected status will be displayed as “In transit”
- Activity in received status will be displayed as “At SRS Site”
- Reports – Onsite Checked Items report
- Ongoing – Onsite activities is ongoing. The Activity has not been mark as completed.
- Completed – Onsite activities completed but activity has not marked as shipped yet.
- Collected – Load has been shipped. Waiting to be received at SRS site
- Received – Activity/Order number has been received at SRS site.
- Canceled – Activity has been canceled
The pallet Management level contain the following:
- Search box to allow users to search for pallets
- Site field show pallets from selected site.
- A grid with the following information:
- PalletNo – a link, to direct the user to a different page to see and edit items assigned to the pallet.
- Site Details
- Number of serialized items on the pallet.
- Sealed – a pallet status
- Activity Number – Activity number that the pallet is assigned to. Can be null if a pallet is not assigned to an activity.
First step to create a new activity is add a new pallet:
On this page the user is able to do the following:
- Site – select the site from the list
- Pallet – This is a field that will allow user to enter a pallet name.
- Save a pallet
If the pallet will be used to activity then you will see list of items assigned to this pallet.
User will be able to remove item on a pallet. Only Items on the activity in ongoing status can be deleted.
Seal and unseal a pallet – click on Seal or Unseal button.
- If a pallet is sealed, it isn’t displayed on the pallet dropdown list when a user is adding an activity.
- If a pallet is sealed, no items can be added to the pallet.
The New Activity Page contain the following fields to allow user to enter data.
- Site – a location of an activity
- Service Type
- This is a dropdown list of service types.
- This is required field.
- Comments – A field to enter comments.
- Save button
After save activity the new activity no will be create
- Date Created – This is the date an activity was created.
- This will be the status of the current activity
- If the Status is Ongoing, the user is allowed to add more items.
- If the status is not ongoing the user is not allowed to add items
Next step is click the in progress button to start checking in items:
To add items to the activity please go to the Items tab and fill out follows fields:
- This is the dropdown list with categories.
- The user can select a category on the list.
- This is a required field
- Pallet No
- This is the pallet number where items will be placed.
- An Activity can have more than one pallet.
- The user will be able to select available pallets on the dropdown list.
- Any empty pallet.
- A pallet on the same activity.
- Default to the selected pallet until the user select a different pallet.
- This is a required field.
- Asset ID
- This is field to capture Asset ID
- Asset ID is a unique for each activity
- This is optional field. If the user want to use it then he should check a checkbox.
- Serial Number
- This is field to capture Serial Number
- Serial Number is a unique for each activity
- This is a required field.
When user click on Show Items button then will see a grid with items that have been assigned to the current activity:
- Serial Number
- Asset ID
- Pallet Name
- Delete button
Add Non Serialized Items
To add items without serial numbers please go to the Non Serialized Items tab and fill out follows fields:
- Package Type – This is a dropdown list with package list
- Quantity – This is the quantity of items checked in.
- Add Item button
When user click on Show Items button then will see a grid with Non Serialized Items that have been assigned to the current activity:
- Package Type
- Delete button
The Activity Page will contain the following command buttons. .
- Cancel button.
- When a user clicks this button, the status of the activity will change to Canceled.
- An activity can be canceled if there are no items checked in
- There should be no pallets on the Activity
- Display a message to inform the user the Activity is not canceled if there are items on the activity. “There are item(s) on the Activity”
- If the activity is successfully cancelled, Display message “Activity canceled”
- Special permission is required for this.
- Complete Activity
- When a user clicks this button the activity status will change to completed.
- Special permissions is required to complete an activity.
- The system will populate the current date on the Date Completed field on the PTB Onsite Service Tab.
- Save button
- When a user clicks this button, item information will be saved.
- Items will be displayed on the grid.
- Return button – a button to allow user to return to the Onsite Activity Location main page.
- Cancel button.
When the activity is in Completed status then we have two more buttons:
- Overrule Activity Status
- A button to allow user to revert activity status from completed to Ongoing. This is only status overrule a user is allowed to do.
- Display a message for user to confirm his/her actions
- Collected – the button will be displayed if the Activity is in completed status and the Order number is assigned. (This means a user has attached this activity to an order number)
Adding an Activity to the Order
To add activity on the order user need to:
- click on the Add button on the Order page:
- select proper company and collection address for activity:
- On the lot detail page there is a button Assign Activity to select available activity to add in the order.
- The user should be presented with activities in complete status and have not been added to any order.
- When a user click the save button the system will assigned the associated Order No on the Activity.
- The system will allow user to remove activity as long as the Order is still in status 1.
Connection between Activity and Order will be visible on the Activity section:
When a user clicks Collected button, the system will ask the user for the following information:
- Collection Date
- Weight Shipped
When a user save the collection information the system will do the following:
- Change the status to Collected
- All serial numbers on the Activity will be populated on the assigned Order pre-alerts file and send to Sims internal system.
Unassigned activity from the Order
But exist possibility to unassign activity from the order. Click on Assign button again and select the blank line from the list and press Save button:
You will be asked to confirmation:
We have added a new overview dashboard to the Sims Portal, showing you highly important information related to the selected contract:
You have many search criteria options available to you for capturing the right information.
The options are: sub-region, company, order status, received date or Order no:
Information from Dashboard can be exported to excel sheet:
Place your curser over a specific chart section for the tooltip window to appear, showing you the Order no, purchase price and order status:
And you can choose to hide or show categories:
Users can change specific settings about their account:
The following elements can be changed: Email Address, Phone number, Password and Time zone:
On the Preferences tab you can change:
- Your report viewing preferences. Turn on the Responsive Grids switch box to remove the gridlines on the report output.
- Switch between Light or Dark theme of Sims Portal.
Click the Save button after making any changes.
he Session timer will show you the remaining time of the session.
Sims Portal sessions have an expiry time of 20 minutes. The timer notification colour will change to red during the last minute of the portal session.
By clicking on the timer or continuing with any action, the timer resets and your session is kept.
During the last 30 seconds you will see a notification highlighting the remaining session time, giving you the option to remain signed in.
If you are inactive for over 20 minutes you will see a notification highlighting your session has expired and will be prompted to login again.